Thursday, September 8, 2016

First Week Updates

Hello Families,

I want to welcome you and your child to fourth grade!  I am very much looking forward to working with this wonderful bunch of students this year. Within just four short days, I have already seen our classroom transform right before my eyes. Our room is buzzing with excitement as we focus on building our classroom community and begin familiarizing ourselves with a new routine and schedule.  I have observed a group of 24 excited fourth graders work as a team to welcome one another and make each student feel comfortable and accepted in their new classroom.  I have gotten the pleasure to learn about each child and have seen many smiles throughout our days. It is a joy to be back to School and I especially can’t wait to meet many of you next Wednesday, September 14, for our back to school night.  During that time, you will learn about your child’s fourth grade curriculum, homework, field trips, and all you need to know to ensure this is a successful school year!

I welcome any form of communication and check my email frequently, so please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have.  Every Friday, I will send an email with a link to our updated blog. This email will keep you connected with upcoming events within the classroom regarding what your child is learning that week as well as what is to come!  I will also include content specific questions to ask your child about his or her day.  This hopefully will help expand the conversation about school rather than always hearing the day was “good or fine” :-) We keep quite busy throughout the day, and already I am impressed and proud of all they have done!  Again, I look forward to meeting you all, and wanted to send you a quick update on our productive few days together.  Below, you will find some suggested questions to ask your child about their week.  Have a wonderful evening. 


Sincerely,
Ms. Wentworth :)

Questions for Conversation
1. What are the blue tickets for?
2. Tell me your classroom rules.
3. Who do you sit next to?
4. What do you like about your room?
5. What are you most excited to learn about this year?


Our first "What Stuck With You" reflection 

No comments:

Post a Comment